Phone 905-529-8149 x123
|Transitional Support Program|
The Legal Advocate is a free service designed to provide support to women who have experienced violence and abuse. The Legal Advocate will assist victims in identifying, connecting and advocating through various legal services within the community.
Is Our Service Right For You?
- Are you a victim of violence or abuse? Has someone physically, emotionally, verbally, financially, sexually or in some other manner harmed or hurt you?
- Do you feel unsafe?
- Do you need information on family law?
- Do you need legal advice and information on custody and child access?
- Do you need a free consultation with a lawyer or financial assistance through Legal Aid?
- Assist women in identifying the support they require and further assist them in accessing those supports.
- Provide current legislation and legal information related to woman abuse.
- Accompanying women to appointments and providing support and advocacy.
- Safety Planning.
- Liaise with community agencies and partners.
- Transportation assistance.
- Public education.
- Cultural interpretation.
A Legal Advocate can meet with you over a period of days, weeks or months. She will work with you to determine exactly what types of legal supports you (and your children) need to live with enhanced safety, comfort and dignity. If you are interested in finding out more information please call the Legal Advocate at 905-529-8149 x123.
For over twenty years, Ron hid his drug addiction from work colleagues, his close friends and his wife. Cocaine, marijuana and alcohol were every day recreational aids to Ron who held down a good job as the premiere sales person at a major car dealership. The addition of prescription pain killers to his drug recipe pushed Ron to the precipice.
Chef Luigi of St. Charles Chef Training Program offers cooking classes to clients at Mission Services.