Phone 905-529-8149 x123
|Transitional Support Program|
The Legal Advocate is a free service designed to provide support to women who have experienced violence and abuse. The Legal Advocate will assist victims in identifying, connecting and advocating through various legal services within the community.
Is Our Service Right For You?
- Are you a victim of violence or abuse? Has someone physically, emotionally, verbally, financially, sexually or in some other manner harmed or hurt you?
- Do you feel unsafe?
- Do you need information on family law?
- Do you need legal advice and information on custody and child access?
- Do you need a free consultation with a lawyer or financial assistance through Legal Aid?
- Assist women in identifying the support they require and further assist them in accessing those supports.
- Provide current legislation and legal information related to woman abuse.
- Accompanying women to appointments and providing support and advocacy.
- Safety Planning.
- Liaise with community agencies and partners.
- Transportation assistance.
- Public education.
- Cultural interpretation.
A Legal Advocate can meet with you over a period of days, weeks or months. She will work with you to determine exactly what types of legal supports you (and your children) need to live with enhanced safety, comfort and dignity. If you are interested in finding out more information please call the Legal Advocate at 905-529-8149 x123.
Visit our Christmas Catalogue. Your gifts will help to change lives in our city this Christmas.
Help feed the homeless this Christmas - $3.69
With the holidays approaching, that familiar feeling came back. No matter how hard Rachel worked or how badly she longed to see smiles on the faces of her three teens, there was never any extra money for Christmas gifts. Rachel always had to ‘cancel Christmas’.