Mission Services is a Registered Canadian Charity – No. 11904 3206 RR0001.
All donations will be used for board-approved programs and projects. When any need or project goal has been met, extra funds will be directed towards areas of greatest need. An official receipt for income tax purposes will be given for gifts over $10.00.
Ways to Give
1. Financial Donation
- Click DONATE NOW to give an immediate donation online by VISA or Master Card.
- Donate through ONLINE BANKING. Make Mission Services of Hamilton a Payee through your online banking. Call 905-528-4211 x3108 for assistance with this.
- Mail your donation. Send your cheque or money order to: Box 368 Hamilton, ON L8L 7W2
- Donate by Phone. To make a credit card donation over the phone, call our donations department: 905-528-4211 x3113 Mon-Fri 8:30-4:30 or call 1-877-5-icare-2 (1-877-542-2732). Our toll free line is a secure line which is staffed only by employees who need to collect your personal information to process your gift and complete your income tax receipt. If your donation is made after business hours, your donation will be processed as soon as possible.
- Become a Monthly Donor. When you make an automatic monthly gift, you help us feed and care for people every day of the year. Have your gift automatically deducted from your credit card or chequing/savings account once every month. Your donation will be automatically processed and you will receive one receipt annually for all of your gifts. 905-528-4211 x3113
2. Give a donation of goods or services
Clothes, food, toys and other new items are always needed – as are expertise and skills in a variety of areas. A tax receipt can be generated with proof of purchase or invoice.
3. Include Mission Services in your will
Mission Services is a member of Leave-A-Legacy. For more information on planned giving options, contact:
Director of Community Relations & Resource Development
905 528-4211 x3130
Our volunteers play an integral part of our organization’s efforts to provide practical help and hope to homeless, hungry and hurting people in our community. To view our volunteer opportunities, click here.
5. Corporate Matching Gifts
Corporations can match the gifts their employees make to Mission Services. An individual working for a matching-gift company can significantly increase the impact of his or her gift by taking advantage of this opportunity.
6. Internal Fundraisers
Make Mission Services the recipient of funds collected from corporate casual days or other internal fund raisers.
7. Food/Clothing/Special Item Drives
With your office, neighbourhood or church family, consider having a drive for food or clothing. Get involved by collecting specific items such as socks, underwear or toiletries. Contact 905-528-4212 if you would like to organize a drive.
Mission Services values the opportunity to reach out into our community and speak about the various programs that we offer. Employees groups, churches, service clubs and schools often ask Mission Services to share in meetings and tell the Mission Services story. It is an ideal way for young people to learn about the social service challenges in our community and how a faith-based human service agency, such as Mission Services, can have a positive impact upon our community.
To find out more ways that you, your organization or your church can partner with us, contact our Community Relations and Resource Development Director at 905-528-4211 x3130.
Mission Services does not rent, sell, trade or share its donors' information. Personal information is kept confidential at all times and is used to mail information about programs and services to donors and supporters.
Life-changing Easter meals - just $3.69
I’ve been doing this for 16 years, and I’m finally sick of it. I want it to end.”
Nathan is a 31-year-old father. He lost custody of his son after living with an addiction that slowly tore his family apart. After he kept 'messing up', Nathan’s wife left him and moved to Hamilton with their son. Nathan followed; but so did his addiction.
March 2014 Radio Spot 1